Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Staff Meeting Day

We have a staff meeting (or at least we are scheduled to) every Monday and every Wednesday so that our interim GC, the privacy officer, the paralegal (that would be me) and the compliance assistant and the Administrative assistant can all get together in the confrence room and discuss what projects are being worked on and what new projects have come in. Since the last GC left and our Compliance Assistant went on Maternity leave we have had some real issues. I hate feeling like I am being the difficult employee or that I can't get along with my co-workers but I guess I can't. Both the Compliance Assistant and the Administrative Assistant are also paralegals but I am the only one who functions in that capacity and frankly I have a lot of responsibilities and I have gotten even more since the GC left including some that are technically "Administrative" I know the AA has had a rough time lately, she is getting a divorce, selling her house etc. but she needs to pull her weight at work. I sometimes just want to get out and find something else.

The fireplace guy came yesterday but needed some additional materials so he is coming back.

Bella is doing well with picking things up and doing better at following directions.

Donna called from Texas yesterday to say they made it ok and things were going well.

Scott is off work today but has a doctors appointment regarding the chest pain he has been having and Bella has brownies tonight.

I went at lunch today and put in my digital print order at walgreens and then went through the drive through at McD. I am eating because of the stressful situation at work yuck!

nothing to really to remember about 6 years ago today as it was a waiting and not knowing kind of day, which means we hung around the apartment, napped, ate, talked, played cards etc until late in the day when we received a call to tell us to be ready the next day to go meet our little one at the orphanage. More on that tomorrow.

Obese girl out

No comments: