Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Power Outage

Last night our power went out just as Isabella was eating her bedtime snack of applesauce. She started crying. I asked her what the problem was and she said she didn't know where I was. I told her I was sitting next to her the same place I was before the power went out. I have noticed recently that she seems to get a little panicked if we go somewhere and I am out of site whether it is at the park or the library or even at home. She has also started asking if I can rock her in the rocky chair. We have not rocked in the rocking chair since before we moved. She wants me to hold her snuggled up in a blanket and then she always wants to talk about "somefing". I told Scott that I think these are signs of a little bit of insecurity as schedules change plus we were pretty stern about talking with her about her behavior issue at school. For now I will just take pleasure in the fact that she needs me at least for a little while.

Lucky for us the candle lighter was on the counter and I knew where some candles were. We looked out the window and the neighborhood was dark so we knew it was not just us. Unfortunately I was talking to Scott when the power went out and since we have Vonage as our phone service it goes out when the electricity goes out.

I put Bella to bed with a candle in her room and she went right to sleep. I imagine she was tired as they had a field trip to the Apple Orchard and then we had swimming lessons and we went to Woodman's shopping. The power was off for about an hour and a half. I got up when the power came on-blew out the candles in Bella's room and in the bathroom and went back to bed.

I actually feel like I am having a power outage these days too. I could not get up this morning to exercise. The alarm went off and I knew that Denise Austin has aerobics on Lifetime every morning and I was going to try that but I could not get up. I finally got us at 6:30 to take a shower and get ready for work. I have been feeling pretty tired lately. I know I probably don't get enough sleep. I usually go to bed around 10:00 and I am up between 5:30 and 6:30. However I know I am one of those people who need about 9 hours to feel good. I have even been sleeping in on the weekends which is not typical for me. I keep seeing those ads in magazines and infomercials about detoxifying your body. These ads claim that the sluggish feeling people (like me) have is from your body being toxic. In some ways what they are saying makes sense but Scott and I were discussing it and he thought maybe they cleansed out some of the good stuff your body needs in the process. I don't know, Anyone else hear about this or tired it?

I imagine other things are or could be causing this lack of energy as well. Not eating properly which means I may not be getting the vitamins and minerals I need and I have a hard time remembering my vitamins. I am also a perpetual worrier. So these problems with Bella at school, financial concerns about paying for the roof and the rest of the new furnace are also weighing me down. I am really bored at work but keep plugging away at the what seems to be the never ending policy project. I am missing friends who I don't see and feeling kind of Isolated. So maybe all of this is contributing to this tiredness I feel. When do you decide however that it is not just normal tiredness and you need to see your doctor?

Anyone else having a power outage?

No comments: