Wednesday, September 12, 2007

VCR

I did not exercise today because I cannot get our VCR/DVD machine to switch from DVD mode to VCR mode. Scott says just push the button-well which button it is not like the remote or the machine have just one button that says push here. It was really frustrating.

The new season of the Biggest Loser started last night. Now I have always like this show. I wish it was on a different night however as we have swim lessons on Tuesday and I don't get home until the show is half over. I watched the end last night when we got home because even though Scott stated that he would set it to tape I don't trust that he did. IF he did I will watch it tonight. I have become somewhat skeptical of the whole show after the weigh in last night. One gentleman lost 31 pounds-It is not believable. He wasn't the largest contestant, he was in fact the oldest so what are the chances that this 62 year old really worked harder than younger folks with more to lose, especially when they say your metabolism slows down as you age? I know Bob is probably a good trainer in fact I would probably prefer his to either of the other two, but 31 pounds? He must of had weights in his underwear at the initial weigh in, and/or had drank a lot of water or had an impacted bowl/full stomach something-I just think 31 pounds in that amount of time is impossible.

After swimming Bella and I stopped at McDonald's so she could have an ice cream cone and we ran into a little girl from her class. They seemed happy to see each other and her friend was asking if Bella could come over and play. I told her I would have to discuss it with her mother. I am not sure I am ready for play dates at someone Else's house-especially someone we don't know. This girl evidently has a dog that poops and pees on the floor, a cat and a bunny and a little brother. Plus you don't know how well the kids will be watched or if they are watching inappropriate things on TV or the family uses inappropriate language or if they smoke or have guns in the home. Way too much for me to worry about, so I guess play dates will have to happen at our house.

Well I am off to work on my policy project.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Play dates??? You know that perhaps the other child's mom is cautions as you are and you can both go over for an hour or so . Perhaps you could meet at the park? Because I don't think I let my kids to play by themselves at someone elses house at 5 either. I know Stephanie did play date thing but Alan and I always went with her.
I missed the biggest loser too. We had too much going on with Stephanie's birthday.
Bella had a cone after swim lessons did you? I took as you didn't. Good for you!! But you know I don't have much of a problem passing on sweets but chips or fries that is a different story. Or should I say different book?