Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!!

This past Saturday I celebrated my 45th birthday. I weighed myself first thing in the morning. I weighed 209 pounds. I have weighed more and I have definitely weighed less. At this point I would be happy to get below 200 pounds. It is a daunting task. It is not about knowledge. I definitely know how to eat better and I have a slew of exercise videos and we have equipment at our house as well. Time and tiredness are definitely factors. Really the only time I have to exercise is before work or after princess Isabella has gone to bed. I have always been more of a morning person. Bella goes to bed at 8:30 but exercising that late at night is not appealing to me. We do have a bike, a stair stepper and a trampoline so I could maybe try to do those while watching TV. Although I feel I should forgo TV in favor of house work, reading, writing etc. but I don't. Therefore my house is a mess, my weight is over 200 and I don't feel very good about myself. I also just don't feel good. I have had a cough for a long time, currently I have a sore throat and on Saturday my ear started hurting. I am also experiencing a lot of heart burn. I think that I am also emotionally tired as well. So my first post is really about nothing other than I turned 45 and I weight the same as I did last year on my birthday which means I accomplished nothing in the last year. I spoke to my dear friend L on Saturday and she sounds as if she is doing so much better. She is even enjoying a kick boxing class! Go L! Another dear friend P has signed up for LA weight loss so I hope she sees progress there. We have a weight watchers group at my place of employment but I can't see paying that kind of money for something I should be able to do myself. I also attended over eaters anonymous a few times but did not feel that I fit in there and I was not ready or capable of turning the issue over to God. I know I have some real emotional triggers and some foods I definitely turn to-primarily chips. I really want to lose weight to look and feel better. Lets hope I can do it.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Bella's mommy-- I wish I could do more for you but I don't know what or how. I have looked up to soooo many times in the years since becoming an adult. I love you keep trying new things and I am sure you will find the one that works for you.

Trish said...

I care about you so much and know very well your fight with being "overfed". I am that way, too. i've looked up to you with all of your dites and exercise. You have done more than I ever have. I feel your hurt. I know your hurt. I have a messy, very messy house too. I need to lose weight in order to be able to walk and breathe better, but i still buy chips. God's best to you my dear friend, Trish