Tuesday, September 25, 2007

UPDATE

Hi,

Just an update on a few things:

KINDERGARTEN-Scott sent a note in Bella's back pack the other day asking about Bella's behavior and the teacher sent us back a note stating that the problem had been that Bella was grabbing on to kids and not letting them go-I guess that is "attacking" but she said it is getting better. She also stated that Bella is a very social girl but is learning when she needs to be quiet and when its OK to talk. This all makes it sound to me as if this is all just adjustment to new setting, people and routine. Lets hope so. The other thing that happened at school that night that I forgot to mention is that her teacher stated that she gets Bella and another girl mixed up because they are both blond and petite. I felt like she was labeling my daughter as the little dumb blond girl-lets hope not. They must be studying the letter D and the color green this week and they have a field trip to the apple orchard today. I sent the DCFS sheet that our pediatrician did for school and now the school is telling us they need a full immunization record. Scott is dropping it off at the pediatricians office today-hopefully they will be able to fill it out and get it back to us quickly-we have to have it turned in by the 12Th of October or else Bella won't be able to go to school. I had a dream the other night that we turned in the immunization form but that the school called DCFS about us because our daughter did not have the proper immunization during the first year of her life. We of course do not know what she had the first year of her life and chose at the suggestion of our then pediatrician to re do all her immunizations once we got home from Ukraine, which means her immunization record does not start until she was 15 months old. I hope this is really a dream and not something that could really happen.

ROOF: Well we are getting close to having a new roof on the front of our house. The roofer did encounter some problems once he got all the old shingles (one layer of wood shingles and two layers of asphalt shingle) off in that some of the boards were rotten and needed to be replaced and there was no flashing or water and ice shield and he had to take off the siding on the dormers. So it is costing us a little more and it is taking a little longer. He tried to get siding to match our current siding but couldn't, lucky for us there was a couple of pieces of siding in our garage that he could use. I think he will finish outside today and start the new ceiling in our upstairs bathroom tomorrow.

VCR-yes I have figured out the VCR so that I can now do my exercises and while I have not exercised everyday I am at least doing some on some days. Bella got me up to exercise on the weekend. I even did kickboxing one day. I am still not in control of my eating, but I have done some reading up on various diets.

Weekend-We had a really nice weekend. Friday night we went to the movie "Daddy Day Camp" on Saturday I mopped and vacuumed, did laundry and ran the dishwasher. Bella, Grandma, Carl and I went to the apple orchard for a few hours, Scott stayed home to rest, exercise and then he swept and mopped the sun porch. Saturday evening we were at the Sprays for their daughter Olivia's birthday party. On Sunday we went to the World War II event at the museum and then out to lunch. I came home and rested because I had a headache and Scott and Bella went to the park. Bella and I played games in the evening while Scott watched the Bear's game. Packers are 3-0 got to love that!

Scott and I have a counseling appointment tomorrow evening. We will see how that goes. One of the suggestions from our last meeting was for us to write things down. We did get a notebook and it has helped but has by no means solved the problem. Scott has to remember what he read and he has to write to I can read it.

Hopefully I will have more diet and exercise news next time as I weighed myself this morning at 213 Yikes! and then someone brought in donuts for their birthday!

No comments: