Thursday, May 1, 2008

Worst day as a mother yet

Last April Bella came down with the flu and honestly I thought that was my worst day of mothering ever (you can check out the post in our adoption blog linked on this blog. However last Saturday was by far a worse day.

Last Friday my niece and god daughter turned 16 and I wanted to get her a special piece of jewelry so Bella and I went to Crimson Ridge. I don't think I have ever taken Bella there because it is an upscale store and they do not have carts. I did put Bella on the harness. I thought she was being really good there and even told her that. what I found out Saturday morning was something else. On Saturday as we were getting ready to go to Ice Skating she fell and hurt herself. As I was comforting her I noticed something in her pocket. I pulled out a pink crystal bracelet and two tubes of lip gloss with crimson ridge price tags. My heart sunk! I was so angry with her. So after Skating we went back to Crimson Ridge and asked for the manager and then she gave them back and apologized and asked them not to call the police. I was so embarassed! As a consequence Bella did not get to go to her friends birthday party. Then Monday when I cleaned out her backpack there was a empty pack of gum with a hobby lobby price tag on it (we had been to the Hobby Lobby Friday too) She said it was from Taylor at school and Scott believes she may be telling the truth but I think she stole that as well. This is frustrating! I am not sure what to do and I am so upset by the whole thing that I cry. I have a sister that is/was a thief and I don't trust her to this day, I certainly don't want a daughter who is a thief. I don't want to take her to any store ever again. I was too afraid to take her to Woodmans Tuesday after swimming which is our normal routine because even in the cart or on the tail she could take something. I hope she learned her lesson but I am not sure. I feel like such a failure and it is not just the stealing but we are experiencing problem after problem at school. Last Thursday on the school field trip to the Library she hit another student. According to Bella the student "budged" in line in front of her. Yesterday her note stated that she was name calling. When I asked her about it she said she told Taylor she was being Rude. Well telling someone they are rude is not really name calling especially if they are being rude. We have taken away TV, We have reduced snacks, taken away her music and lamp at night (she is actually sleeping better without them) We have threatened to take down the swings and put her bike back up. I made her write an apology letter to her teacher. She has to work on workbook pages instead of playing. What can I do to help my child behave at School? How have I failed to instill in her what is right and wrong? How will I ever feel comfortable taking her places again. We still have swimming for the next two months because I paid for it but I plan to take July and August off. She starts T-ball practice tonight, at this point I wish we had not gotten involved with this but I really don't feel I can just pull her out as I am the team coach.

I am frustrated, angry, sad depressed and still fat.

I got up to exercise this morning and I weighted 210.5 I need to keep on this weight loss path. We go on vacation in 6 weeks-which has me stressed out about money. It seems like we have no money to do anything around the house and we need to add to our budget $120/week for summer camp for the months of June, July and August. I honestly don't know how I get throught the day anymore>

One of my goals for April was to always have a clean coffee table, dinning table and sink and counter the whole month and I was able to do that so I am proud of myself for that and as a consequence the whole house stayed neater.

I will try to write more often this month.

No comments: