Monday, May 5, 2008

Adoption

This past weekend we adopted a kitten into our family. We got her at Pet Land. She is 9 months old and all black and her name is Isis. Bella was practically squealing as we left the pet store as she was so excited. The poor cat hated the carrier and cried and cried until we took her out. She has been hiding a lot and this morning I found her behind the dryer. I pulled the dryer out and she did come out while I was eating breakfast. Scott called me a little bit ago and She was hiding under the book case. She is really friendly when she comes out and likes to be petted. Hopefully she will adjust to her new environment. Last night we cooked on the grill and ate outside and then I decided it was time to clean out the sandbox as it was fully of slimmy water and leaves. While I was doing that our neighbors behind us dog got out, he is always out. I don't like big dogs so I ran for the house. This dog jump the fence just like he is a deer.

In other news-Saturday I went to an all day scrap and I did 14 pages. I finished our vacation pictures and did the first day of school and some of the Easter pictures too. Next I hope to do T-ball, Ukraine Fest, and Halloween and the apple orchard. After that it will probably be the lighthouse tour, Jennifer and Dan's wedding and Bella's baptism. I have yet to do a christmas page. It is good to have the time to myself.

Bella had 3 smiley faces on Friday! At least the week ended well. Saturday evening grandma came over and watched Bella so Scott and I could go to the movie. We saw "Fools Gold" it was good but fairly predictable.

One of the women I work with at the hospital mother died over the weekend. We knew she was not doing well, but is still sad. This womens heritage is Ukrainian and I actually met her at Ukraine Fest a few years ago. They are asking for donations to the Ukraine Museum instead of flowers. We plan to make a donation.

Back at work today. I got up and did some Tae Bo and we will see how the rest of the week goes.

1 comment:

Trish said...

I am happy for you all and your new kitten. She will adjust okay. Sometimes it takes awhile after being in a "cage". I am sorry that this is the 1st time I have read your blog in so long. i did not know about Bella's action at Crimson Ridge. hopefully she will not do it again. You are NOT a bad Mommy. She work hard to give hwr what she needs and instilling the "right" into her. I apologize for not taking the time to get together with you alone. i did not know about all the "problems" you have been facing. I care for you very much. You are a wonderful friend and I feel that I have let you down by not being available to at least let you "vent".