Friday, October 31, 2008

A MELT DOWN, A MIL IN NEED OF HELP AND HALLOWEEN

This morning my princess had a huge melt down because you were suppose to wear purple and gold to school (school colors) and the only thing she had that was gold was a skirt I packed away last weekend in the summer clothes. I informed her that I did not think that she had anything gold or purple but dumped the summer clothes bag out on her bed and went downstairs. The morning schedule at our house is tight and I still had to do her hair, my hair, my makeup and get her breakfast. She comes downstairs in her underpants with a tan skort. I told her she could wear it if she wanted but it was not gold. She really does not have any gold or purple. She ended up wearing a lavender plaid skirt and a lavender shirt. Today at lunch I find out from my friend T that you can buy a Widson Elementry shirt or sweatshirt in the office. Why did I not know this? I will try to get her one next week.

My MIL was in Texas visiting her son and family when my mom died a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say I did not immediately call and tell her my mom died and she is now mad at me about it. I did not tell her because I sometimes feel that she infringes upon my family and I certainly did not want her to take my grief and somehow make it hers. She keeps going back to how we use to be friends but now we are not and no matter how many times I explain what I think and how I feel on the subject she has to somehow make it about her. When I first got married we did do quite a few things together because I did not know anyone in Rockford and she was kind of on her own too. Now I have made friends, I have a child and we are busy so i do not have as much time to spend with her and she has gotten married and we don't feel as obligated to include Scott's mom in everything we do. She made a decison on how to handle her mom's death and I made a decision on how to handle mine. I did not like her decision she does not like mine so be it.

Well today is Halloween. Scott is off work. Trick or Treat is from 5:00 to 8:00 and we plan on all dressing up. Scott as Zorro, Bella as an angel and me as candy corn. And then after making a quick trip up one side of our street and down the other and then we will be home as that is enough candy for her and I don't need any. Then we will hand out candy. I have 70 suckers so I hope that is enough. Then we will have pizza. My mother inlaw has not seen us if 4 weeks so she wants to come over but it is becoming a production. It is questions like "do you really want me to come?", "can Carl come?" "Joan is mad at me still" etc. It is driving us crazy. We will see how it all works out.

We are heading to WI tomorrow for my mom's inurnment.

No comments: