Thursday, October 2, 2008

SURGERY

No not for me. Last night when walking home from the library we passed by the home of the women, Karshon, who watched Bella 3 days a week after school last year. We have really only see her to wave for months now. She informed us that today she was scheduled for surgery at 8:00 am in Chicago to have a brain tumor removed. She had really long hair which has been cut and Bella wanted to know what had happened. Karshon has a 6 year old little girl who will be staying with her parents. If your the praying type please lift her up in prayer today. Scott's dad died of brain cancer so the story is all too familiar to him. This is a very sad situation.

Speaking of the library, I left my purse there and did not realize it until we were all the way home. We went back to get it and the librarian that found it said to me (and in not such a nice voice) your cell phone number is wrong, but we left a message at your work. I told her I did not have a cell phone. I checked and they had one number in our home phone number incorrect which might just mean that one of their staff members typed it in wrong and has nothing to do with me. Then this morning I could find my purse but not my keys. After looking all over, including both Scott and I looking in my purse we could not find them. I then took the spare set and went to work late. At work I completely emptied my purse and found the keys! It was very frustrating! & I am not a very pleasant person when I am frustrated like this.

Last night Fred (our handyman) came by and put a sealant on the roof of the sun porch. He also checked out the bathroom where we think we have a leak. I am afraid it is going to cost us on this one. Fred said that the shower could be reinstalled and it we have to pull up the tile than we should pull it all up and that we might want to consider vinyl tile, but I don't really want to do that. We will know more next week when he comes back. Later I was talking to Fred and found out that he had gone to school in Mt. Morris and had Scott's dad as a teacher.

Bella had a good day at school yesterday-Maybe October will be a good month for her. I sure hope so.

No comments: