Tuesday, September 2, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!



Yesterday was my 46th birthday. My husband asked me if I was turning 29 again. I am not embarassed to be 46. Is that old? Sometimes I feel that way.

I got up and went to Panera for a bagel and a cup of tea, stopping by McDonalds on the way to get Bella some pancakes. After breakfast we went to see the animals at PetSmart and then to get some paint cards before heading home.

We were just discussing what to do for the day when my sister Sonya called and said they were about 20 min away. They came to town (my sis, and my niece and nephew) and we went to lunch at Firefly which is a restaurant down the street from us. I had heard their commercials on the radio and wanted to try it. We were all disappointed because it took so long to get our food. The food was good but the service wasn't and they were not busy. After that we went to Anderson Gardens. We have obviously been there but my niece and nephew had not. I did have time to share a few photos from our vacation with Sonya as well. After the garden we had ice cream cake and pizza and we had rented a couple of movies-"27 Dresses" and "21" both were good. Scott and Bella gave me cards and CDs-Rascal Flatts, Sugarland & Taylor Swift. They wrapped it in the same tissue and gift bag as Bellas present from Grandma. I am all for re-using things but would have prefered some thought into presentation rather that just using what they could find. It was a good birthday.

The other parts of the long weekend were busy as well. Friday we went shopping and got some new kitchen rugs and some fabric for new curtains. Which means that we did not go to Carl's birthday get-together. I had not wanted to go and we eluded to the fact that we might go to "On the Waterfront". Since Donna and Carl left for their Cruse to Alaska without calling us We are assuming that Donna is mad at us. She probably is, but she should not be. Isn't Carl's birthday for his family to celebrate? Scott was working and believe me he would never go to a function involving my actual family if I could not go so why should I go to stuff on his side of the family without him? plus Carl is not really on his side of the family. I did not go because I did not want to go, I did not want to spend my free time with Carl's kids who I don't like just to make Scott's mom happy. After the Mother's day fiasco, I decided I was not going to these things simply because I felt obligated to go!

Saturday we did not do too much, I did a lot of cleaning and getting rid of all the extra paper we have hanging around. Bella did not feel well in the afternoon, complaining of a hurting tummy and a hurting booty both which got better after a successful trip to the potty. we later went out to get a birthday present and we timed it so that we saw the hot air balloons from "On the waterfront". On Sunday we went to Jennifer and Dans for the cook out and Aidans birthday party. we left early so Scott could get to work. I did more housework and laundry and then Bella and I went to the movie "Kund Fu Panda". That is pretty much the weekend.

I promise that a post about my weight and efforts to loose some is coming soon, although the efforts are not well supported by the fact that they catered in breakfast this morning to celebrate my birthday! I do work with some great people!

No comments: