Thursday, September 25, 2008

COUNTING POINTS & EXERCISE

Last Monday I attended my first weight watchers meeting. I have started counting points. It is somewhat cumbersome. I am doing ok as long as I can find my little calculator (I have temporarily lost it a couple times already). I have also consistently been exercising each morning. This is hard as I have to get up early and deal with the pets but I am doing it. So far I am alternating step aerobics and tae bo. Next week I think I will do the same thing but different tapes, we will see. Knowing I was starting weight watchers on Monday had me thinking about my "Last Supper" over the weekend. Scott and I went to the movie on Friday night and had popcorn. We saw "Ironman" and it was better than I had anticipated. After the movie we went to Dairy Queen and had Ice Cream. Saturday I went to an all day Scrap event and went out to lunch with my friend J to McDonalds so I had chicken and fries. On Sunday I had lunch at Culvers and we had pizza for supper. I believe I weighed in on Monday at 218 pounds! YIKES! By the way I did 14 scrapbook pages of our trip to Washington/canada, I ran out of white paper and adhesive. I kind of wish I could scrapbook all day this Saturday.

On Tuesday I had bible study but Scott taped the Biggest Loser and I watched it when I got home. I was curious about the recipes they made and you can get them on the web site but they do not include the nutritional information. I told Scott that we needed to look at the book "the 21 day Jump Start diet" because we liked some of the recipes in that book. I guess it is ok that the gray team is gone, the NY accent was getting to me. I did not think it was fair that for the gray team and yellow team, who both had a member that could not compete the other member had to keep going could they not have had the gray and yellow go together as a team on the slip'n slide? or made them only go every other time?

I am looking forward to the ER premier tonight and I will be watching Survivor this year, simply because the game in being played out in GABON which was the country I was a Peace Corps Volunteer.

Bella had Monday off from school and she and I both got our hair cut, among a whole host of other things including getting her re-signed up for swim lessons. Our puppy had her first grooming yesterday and she sure looks pretty, but not so much like a puppy any more. The puppy and the cat had so much fun the other night when they got to raising a ruckus and knocked my musical snowglobe off the table and broke it-boy did that make a mess!

Bella is still having some school issues; not staying in her seat, talking, touching, passing notes, pushing. I have spoken to the teacher again to see if we can discern a pattern as to when these behaviors are happening and also asked about how she is in art, music, learning arts (library) and PE gym. The teachers in those areas have not said that they have any problems.

Tomorrow we (Bella, Me, Grandma and Carl) are going to see the Lipizzaner Stallions. I am sure Bella will love it. Saturday if the weather is nice Bella and I might go to the apple orchard, after we get our house work done.

Last night we had a window salesman come over to give us an estimate on replacing the windows in our home and the 2 in the workout garage. We decided to go ahead with the project and lets hope they get them in before it gets too cold.

I guess that is about all for now.

No comments: