Monday, June 8, 2009

Things of Significance

Well it has been weeks since I have written here.

It is almost 2 in the afternoon and I could put my head down on my desk and take a long nap. I find myself feeling really tired a lot lately.

Since our trip to Starved Rock I have:

painted my living room and dining room
went to my nieces wedding
went to the air show
went to the Dane Co. farmers market on the capital square in Madison.

I was very nervous about painting. It is not something I have really done in the past but it turned out ok. I still have to finish the new dining room curtains-using fabric I have had for over a year. I just cannot seem to find the motivation.

My nieces wedding was nice, however there was a incidnet at her reception that left me in tears for hours. I think part of the reason I was so upset is that I said when I left that "you won't be seeing us again" which had me thinking no vacation with my family this summer, no family reunion, I already bought Fathers day cards and wont be able to send them, no cookie day, no shopping trip, no sledding party etc. this had me extremely sad. I guess I have gotten over it, but it definately was not pleasant and evidently I am a B.I.t.c.h!

The air show was good. We all got sunburnt and Bella sat in her nachos.

The farmers market would have been more fun if not for miss crabby pants. She would not listen to me on Saturday morning about her atire and was then cold the whole time. She at almost 7 had to ride in the stroller with the canopy up so communicating with her was impossible. She did seem to enjoy seeing the cows. She would not eat her lunch at Taco Bell and then thankfully fell asleep in the car on the way home.

I don't know why she is so crabby these days but suspect that she is getting it from her father who never seems to be happy about anything, seldom says anything nice or positive and complains about everything!

In the end I am still fat, still ugly, still an awful housekeeper, wife and mother. I have no ambition, no energy and no confidence. How can I get out of this funk?

No comments: