Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Better

I have to say that I am feeling better today and the scale said I weighed 209 pounds which is 1.5 pounds less than yesterday. However my pants still feel too tight and i doubt I will fit into the dress I want to wear to my nieces wedding in a few weeks.

Last night I like many people in America spent 3 hours in front of the TV watching the final of the biggest loser. I have always been a fan of the biggest loser. I was really hoping that Tara would win. I was not a big fan of Helen. I do think she is a little selfish, but then again I think you must be selfish if you want to accomplish a large weight loss goal. I think her changing to Jillian as a trainer was a big plus for her as it was for Mike. I know a lot of people think that Helen looked too thin. Maybe she is. I don't know here hight or BMI or % body fat so what can I say. What I do think is that if it was Jennifer Aniston or Tori Spelling who stepped out at that weight all the tabloids would probably be writing about how fat they were so it is all perspective. As a 46 year old woman I don't think I appreciate that the fact that people consider 48 old.

As for the at home contestants I think that Dan really should have been able to win the whole thing, I am glad he did well. I think that with a longer season we should have seen more weight loss from some of the contestants. I also wish Kristen would have lost more (she is from WI afterall) I think a cheese hat would have been better than that hair do! I know a lot of folks disliked Joelle. I feel/felt sorry for her. It was obvious to me that this person was in a seriously disadvantaged state. Remember she considered taking the $$$ just to get out at one time. I also think that this is a woman who has NEVER had anyone who believed in her and I know how that feels. I think she would have done better on Jillian's team simply because what I think that Jillian gets that Bob doesn't is that people are not just fat but they are fat because of some mental roadblocks that need to be addressed along with the changes to diet and exercise. I really did not like Ron. I think he did not participate or try hard in the challenges. Come on he couldn't do a half marathon but then just a few weeks later he did a full marathon. I really don't believe he did the full marathon. I don't think that Ron will maintain his weight loss because he has not addressed the mental aspects of why he was over weight. I hope his son Max is able to make progress with Mike as his role model.

Now all the shows I usually watch are done for the season and hopefully I can do more for my own weight loss story.

No comments: