Thursday, November 29, 2007

NOVEMBER IS ALMOST OVER

Yes we will soon be entering the last month of 2007. I am still hoping to enter 2008 at less than 200 pounds. I last weighed in at 207 pounds. December of course is one of the months where it is so easy to be overfed. With parties and treats at work etc. I am just hoping that my committment to exercise ovet the past two months will help carry me through in December.

I have been busy but still keeping up with tae bo each day. On Saturday I will change tapes.

The weekend of the 17th and 18th I went Christmas Shopping in Cedarburg with my siblings. A weekend a way shopping with no kids has been a tradition with the four of us for many years. We use to go the first weekend in November because Mark and I use to work at Lands' End and we needed to get our shopping done early because once Peak started at Lands' End it was difficult to find time to shop. I got some things but not everything I needed. Bella and I had gone out a weekend or so ago and got wrapping paper, tape, ribbon bows and tags so we are ready to wrap.

Our Thanksgiving was ok. We went to Scott's mom's house for dinner with the Belvedere Meyers and Heuers. The Pakers won! It was ok but I can feel just general irritation with Scott's mom and her husband Carl creeping in just as it did last year. I hate that feeling.

I did go out shopping to Wal-Mart and the World Market on Friday but not until after lunch. I got the PJs I needed for Scott's nieces and Scotts Birthday and Christmas presents bought. We got our chocolate advent calendars,our ginger snap cookies and some electric reindeer wine. Bella even bought her cousins and grandma something.

On Saturday I worked on cleaning the basement and Scott brough the tree up. Sunday we took Bella to get her picture taken with Santa and we went to the tree lighting ceremony.

The week at work has been spent getting caught up on the contracts data base as I have not really worked on that for months as I was working on the policy database.

I found a Panattone recipe that I plan on trying this weekend. I am also looking for a book about panattone called "Tony's Bread" and a book on St Nicholas. I have not found a St. nicholas statute that I could afford so I have an idea about making one.

This weekend we will probably decorate the tree, go to the festival of lites, light our advent candles, go to The Christmas traditions event at Tinker Swiss Cottage and maybe get some wrapping done and get the Christmas Cards taken care of. We will be busy.

Have a great day.

No comments: