Wednesday, November 14, 2007

ADOPTION DAY & PROJECT ROLL OUT

Four years ago today we went to court in the Ukraine and were declared the parents of Isabella. I remember the day was cold and cloudy and after court we met the Massmans who also adopted their daughter from the same orphanage. We then went to Boyarka for some paper work and then to Isabella's birth city, Bila Tserkva to get a new birth certificate naming Scott and I as her parents. It was a long day, an emotional day and sometimes boring as we spent a great deal of time in the car. We did not see Isabella on Adoption day. Our court date was on a Friday so we did not think we would get to pick her up from the orphanage until Monday. We were wrong as we picked up Isabella from the baby house on the 15th-Gotcha Day! It is hard to believe that 4 years have passes and our 15 month old is now a 5 year old in Kindergarten. We are so blessed to have her. With out the miracle of Adoption I do not know what my life would be like today. Thankfully everyday I can say I am the mom to the most precious girl in the world. My friend J's baby boy is almost exactly the age Bella was when we took her from the orphange. I hope she realizes what a priviledge it has been to have her child since birth and all the milestones that entails. I do not have that with Bella, While this makes me sad, I feel that being her mom the last 4 years has been invaluable and I would not trade it for anything. I hope to load some picture to our adoption site tonight. Our adoption site is WWW.caringbridge.org/il/meyerukraineadopt.

In other news the policy project I started in May has reached its firs milestone in that it went live yesterday on the Intranet at the Health System and it seems to be working well. This was a HUGE project. It involved a lot of reading, typing, comparing documents and hounding people for current signed policies in both paper form and microsoft word. I ended up with a database with 1200+ policies. I know there are still policies out there to track down and load but this was a huge undertaking and I am glad phase one is done and also proud that it turned out so well. When they assigned me this project I was given a July 31st deadline but I told them it would take me to atleast November and It did.

I am still exercising everyday. I weighed in at 208 pounds this morning. I am sure shooting for my goal of less than 200 pounds by the end of the year. I will be going shopping with my siblings this weekend and I am really looking forward to that.

As part of the roll out for this policy project we had three training sessions on Monday at which I had to demonstrate the site. Which meant I had to stand in front of an auditorium audience with my backside to them. I am sure they were all thinking that I have like the widest butt in the county! I am hoping this will keep me motivated.

Have a great day!

No comments: