Thursday, November 8, 2007

IS IT THURSDAY ALREADY?

Last Friday I was off work so Scott could go to a respiratory conference. I had a dentist appointment in the morning. I raked part of the yard. Got Bella on the school bus then went to the scrapbook store and out to lunch by myself. I had a nice salad at Applebees without fighting with my 5 year old to eat or sit still or stop talking. It was nice. I got Bella off the school bus and finished raking the yard and the laundry.

On Saturday I went to an all day scrap booking event at an area church. I got a lot of pages done. My friend J went too. Scott and Bella went to see the Bee movie. I did not hear too much about the movie more about the fact that Bella had to go to the bathroom twice.

On Sunday I did my housework and then we took Bella to lunch at Qdoba-the service was bad and the food was cold. I complained on their web site and they are sending us a voucher. I think the guy working was new, he sure was slow. After lunch we went to the train show at the museum. The packers win!

Monday there was no school so Bella spent the afternoon at grandmas. Tuesday was swimming. Last night I watched the CMA awards and tonight I am going to the Christmas open house at Village Green with my friend T. No real plans for the weekend except the usual housework, make a Christmas shopping list and make arrangements to have photos taken for our Christmas Card.

4 years ago today our Bella turned 15 months old in the Boyarka baby house and some strangers came visiting everyday. We are quickly approaching "Adoption" day on November 14th, "Gotcha day" on the 15th and "Citizenship" day on November 21st. November is National Adoption month and the month that Scott and I began our journey as parents. It is hard to believe it has been 4 years already. I cannot imagine our life without our Ukrainian Princess. The other day I found a Ukrainian St. Nicholas cookie cutter and Bella came home from school with the book "The Mitten" which is a Ukrainian fold tale. Her big question these days is "What did I do as a baby?" And I tell her she did all the same things all babies do-eat,sleep, pee in their diaper, play, cry etc. Then she will say "No, What didn't I like when I was a baby?" Then I tell her she did not like the bathtub or riding in the car or ice cream. She already knows all these things, but she asks anyway.

Exercise is still a go for me. I am on the new Tae bo tape and liking it-no push ups at the end of it. I gave my walk fitness tapes to someone in my office to use, she said I was inspiring her to exercise-never expected that but go me! I have not weighted myself this week as the great illusionist is visiting. One its gone I will get on the scale again.

Work is crazy busy as we have training sessions on Monday for the data base roll out on Tuesday. I am still loading policies today.

Have a great rest of the week.

No comments: