Thursday, October 18, 2007

ANOTHER NOTE & CAR TROUBLES

Yesterday Bella had another note in her backpack from her teacher, Mrs. L. Basically it said she had 3 time outs yesterday the first two were because she would not stop talking on two separate occasions during two separate lessons after she had been asked to stop talking. The third time was because she whispered a "bad word" to another kid. Mrs. L ended the note by stating that she hoped Bella's behavior gets better. Now Scott and I both took a little offense at this letter. I am not doubting the time out for the failure to stop talking when asked to as Bella is a real talker. The third one I would first like to say that I asked Bella about this and she said the bad word was "Shit, Booty" This is a strange combination for my daughter as we don't say "shit" at our house in any context. We usually say poop. We do say booty but I am not sure booty is really a bad word. The second thing is either Bella is a poor whisperer or Mrs. L has great hearing or Mrs. L is relying on what another kid said and I don't go for punishing a kid based solely on what one kid said as kids are prone to make up things especially if it will keep themselves out of trouble. I guess this happened when Mrs. L was reading a story and the kid was sitting behind Bella. I don't know if other kids are getting time outs or if Bella is the only one in her class that ever does these things. I don't know if she regularly gets a time out and we only heard about this time because she had 3 time outs in one day. I am not even sure what a time out is in the classroom. I still feel that Mrs. L just doesn't like my child and I wonder if we should ask to be moved to a different classroom. By the way her last note from school was because she threw a block and hit another kid in the head. She would have gotten sent to the principles office except the teacher did not actually see her throw the block. Why is Bella having such a hard time in kindergarten? What have I done wrong, what am I doing wrong?

In addition to worrying about Bella at school. I am having problems with my car not starting right away sometimes. I went on line and I guess this is a common problem with the Saturn S series. And there were lots of possible explanations on the message boards, including battery, alternator, battery cables, fuel pump, fuel filter, alternator, ignition switch and spark plugs. The last time I went to the Saturn dealer they put my car on the machine and could not tell me why my service engine light was on, but of course they still charged me for it. Later when getting my oil changed, the guy there said my light was on because I had a leak in my emissions box. What is the emissions box anyway? Since the problem does not happen all the time and I can get it started by putting my foot on the gas pedal I thinking it may be a fuel issue so I think I will get the battery tested and replace the fuel filter and see how it goes. It is just really annoying.

I got the rest of the supplies for Bella's costume last night so my plan is to work on that this evening.

Still exercising every morning-Go Me!

No comments: