Friday, February 8, 2008

TGIF

Well here it is the last day of the work week.

Last weekend was pretty good for us. Bella had Ice Skating on Saturday morning and she is doing so much better at her lessons and she really likes them. Bella was very disappointed that the ground hog saw his shadow and it means 6 more weeks of winter. It was pretty cloudy here so I am surprised he saw his shadow. I did not feel like doing much on Saturday afternoon so I didn't. On Sunday I worked very hard on cleaning our basement so that I would have a spot to work out. Sunday night was the super bowl. We had chicken wings and taco dip and watched the game. We were very happy that the NY Giants won. Which means that the last team to beat the Packers ended up being superbowl champions. I was not overly impressed by the commercials. I did like the Bud commercials. Pepsi's commercial with Justim Timberlake was annoying.

Monday was good except that I found out that summer camp sign up was Monday and not Tuesday like I thought and they were full. I put Bella on the waiting list but it doesn't look good. I am checking into the Y now.

Tuesday was super Tuesday and their was a primary here in IL I did not go to the polls. Obama won in IL which is his home state. I would not vote for him primarily because I don't like his stand on Immigration. Tuesday it started to snow here. They were predicting 12" of snow. They were canceling Tuesday night events right and left. They did not however cancel swim lessons (even thought they canceled the week before because it was so cold and I did not know it until we got there). We started out going the way we usually do and then for some reason we couldn't go any farther. I assume there was and accident although we could not see it. I turned around and wanted to just go home but Bella is whining in the back seat about not having lessons two weeks in a row so I drove down Riverside and we made it fine. There were very few students a class. It was still snowing when we left but not quite a hard so we went ahead and did our usual grocery shopping-we were out of milk so I needed to stop somewhere. We got home in time to see a good portion of the Biggest loser.

Wednesday was a snow day for both Bella and I. I didn't have anything pressing at work to do and I would have only been able to work part of the day as I would have had to come home to watch Bella when Scott left for work. Both the attorneys I work for drive quite a distance so they did not make it in either. I made a pot of Chili and some oatmeal cookies. Scott started the driveway, but the snow blower stopped working and he went to work and left me home to shovel the whole driveway myself. Bella went out with me for awhile and then she got cold and went in. It took me 3 hours to clear the driveway and the sidewalk. While I was outside 2 people got stuck at the corner, the plow went down East Drive 3 times but not down our street at all. Some fool was out riding his bike in the snow and the police came down our street to ticket anyone parked on the street during a snow emergency and the mailman managed to make it to our house. When I got done I went in immediately and took a very hot shower, I was afraid I would be very stiff and sore but I wasn't except that my hands ache. I think it stopped snowing around 6:30 and they plowed our street about 7:30 and plowed a huge pile of snow at the end of the driveway. Scott had to stay late at work because their third shift person called in and they were very busy! Scott got through the snow pile at the end of our driveway when he got home but I got stuck backing out to go to work on Wednesday morning. I think we got about 14" of snow. My MIL called from Hawaii yesterday and left a message that they had heard we had a lot of snow, but since no one was home must have gotten out.

Thursday we were all back to work and school as usual. I was busy at work all day with Policy stuff and our monthly staff meeting. I brought most of the cookies to work and they were gone by lunch time.

Tonight I will get my fondue ready for Saturday and get us packed up so we can go to Wisconsin tomorrow morning for our families annual sledding party. I also made our summer vacation plans for August in Northern Wisconsin this week so I am excited about that.

I did not exercise at all this week. I am so lazy-I expect that I burned up a lot of calories shoveling right? I haven't been weighing myself as my husband bought a new scale but he can't figure out how to make it work and he threw out the old one. I really don't need a scale to tell me percent body fat I just want to know how much I weigh.

The new Michaels store is opening near me this weekend and they are giving away a cricut machine. I really want one of these but can't afford one. Maybe I will get lucky.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: