Tuesday, February 12, 2008

THE RESULTS ARE IN

Yesterday morning at the hospital where I worked they offered some free health screens. I had wanted to have my glucose checked and my cholesterol so I went. Here are the results:

Cholesterol 253 (should be less than 200)
Glucose 136 (should be between 70-90)
Blood pressure 133/86 (first time I have ever been high-usually I am low)
BMI 38.8 -OBESE (should be between 18.5 amd 24.9)
They weighed me at 205 I weighed myself at 202 this morning.

This is all devistating to me.

I feel way overwhelmed by my health or lack there of.

My husband said that if you continue to lose weight those numbers should get better.

IN OTHER NEWS

This past Saturday we went home to WI for our families annual sledding party. My brother and his son, my other brother, my sister and her family and Scott, Bella and me. We had a nice time sledding on the hill at the High School but it was sure snowing. Our potluck Fondue was fun, I really liked the caramel peanut butter fondue I made. We ended up spending the night and then going out to see my mom at the nursing home on Sunday. The roads were terrible, very icy with drifting blowing snow. Between Dodgeville and Madison we saw lots of cars in the ditch and I never got up to the speed limit the whole time. We stopped for gas, windshield washer and lunch in Madison. Between Madison and Beloit it was also icy on the interstate and again lots of cars in the ditch some even turned over. We did make it home safely. We washed all our clothes as they smelled like smoke from being at my dads. Yesterday we realized that we must have left Bella's snow pants at my dads.

My mom did not really look very well, still very puffy and she looked tired and old. She was sleeping when we got there and then we only stayed a short time and then she went down to lunch. My mom's glucose was over 400 on Sunday.

Not much else to report now that we are back to the work week. I am still on the policy project. I am off on Thursday so I can go out to lunch with Scott.

Have a great day.

No comments: