Friday, February 22, 2008

COLD

Well it has been very cold in Northern Illinois. We were in the single digits the first part of the week with windchills in the -20s. It is warming up some which is a good sign. Bella is always asking me when Spring is coming.

I had taken Valentines Day off from work and Scott and I put Bella on the bus to go to school at noon and then went out to lunch at Kikki Bs. It was rather quiet there and the decor and music were relaxing. I had a really wonderful pasta dish and we shared the death by chocolate dessert. After lunch we stopped and got a movie and then went over to Bella's school for their Valentines party. We spoke to her teacher and she said she is very proud of how much better Bella is doing in School and so are we. On the way home from School we heard on the radio the news of the tragic shooting on the NIU campus. I think students will finally be returning to class next week. I use to go to NIU to use the law library when I was in paralegal School. After we got home Bella and I went to the library for a couple of hours. She plays in the play room and I read magazines, we checked out a couple of videos and came home. We had pizza and salad for supper and played a few games of Candyland since that is what Bella got for valentines day. I got flowers and a card and a stuffed dog.

Bella did not have school on Friday so I came home at lunch time and then Bella and I went to Culvers for fish and then on to the Discovery Museum for the rest of the day. While we were there Bella blew a hole in the toe of her shoe so we went to Target to get her a new pair.

Last Saturday Bella and I were suppose to be getting together with some friends in Wisconsin for an overnight but because of predicted bad weather we didn't go. I had really been looking forward to time with P and L. Hopefully we can reshedule soon. Last Saturday Bella and I went to Ice Skating and then to the dollar store for some more paper. In the afternoon I did my house work and then we went to the new Michaels. I bought a new scrapbook tool with my 50% off coupon and the rest of my gift card. Then Bella and I went out to supper and came home.

Sunday it rained almost the entire day and then turned to snow the roads were a mess, because all the rain turned to ice and the city is out of salt for the season and it has really been to cold for it to work anyway. Thankfully Scott made it safely to work and back.

Bella started running a fever on Sunday, she was not complaining about her ears or her throat but I was afraid it was either a ear infection or strep throat. She was off school on Monday for presidents day and still running a fever so Scott took her to the doctor and she has strep throat. On Tuesday she couldn't go to school but sick bay where I work agreed to take her so she went there for the afternoon.
She was feeling better and not feverish so we went to swimming and to woodmans for grocery shopping making it home as usual in time to see the last part of biggest loser.

We have been having a mock Joint commission survey at our facility this past week. The debriefing was Wednesday afternoon and we failed which is not good. We know the joint commission is at one of the other hospitals in town this week so who knows how much or how little time we have to get ourselves staightened out.

Yesterday we had two interviews for the paralegal position we have open. Both were good candidates so I hope they pick one.

Last night I went to Wal-greens to get pictures printed, but they were unable to make a disk which is what I need to put photos on our adoption site, hopefully I will update that soon. We also went to the library last night to get a few books. I checked out one of the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books as I am about done with the one I have been reading and I like them but the stories are relatively short so I can read a little before bed, but I am not vested in a whole novel. I use to read a lot but I have not read much in the last few years other than kids books. I tried "The Purpose Driven Life" last year but couldn't finish it. Bella hurt herself at the library by trying to scoot on the step stool which doesn't work because once you put weight on them they don't roll evidently Bella doesn't get this because she tried it once and hurt her stomach and cried up a storm -very loudly at the library. Then when i was checking out books she tried it again and hurt her leg. Then last night in the tub she decided to use the plastic cups from her play blender and hold them around her mouth by sucking in. She did this for so long and for so many times that she now has bruises all around her mouth. It looks terrible! and once again means that we will not have a family picture taken this weekend. I am sure it seemed like a good idea at the time. I know 5 year olds don't think about consequences of their actions all the time. I hope it heals up ok and that she doesn't get teased at school and Scott isn't too hard on her about it.

Scott is off this weekend and we really have no plans as of yet except for Ice Skating lessons on Saturday and we have a cultural event at our adoption Agency on Sunday afternoon.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: